Rose petals and magnolia dye

More dye experiments Thursday….

Don’t the rose petals look gorgeous!
I did tear them up and mash the rose hips.  After simmering for 1 hr the dye was only a pale yellow so I went ahead and added the Magnolia pods. I was lucky enough to find them outside the orthodontics office Thursday morning. (Yeah!)

There was not as much dye as I had hoped so I poured most in a jar for a pole wrapped cloth (white velor).  Then I scrunched some cotton in a small jar and poured dye and petals and pods in it.  The fabrics were soaked in soda ash and line dried while the dye brewed.

The last piece I added all the pods and petals in folded and wrapped layers and placed it in a baggie.

Now the wait is on.  These will sit in the sun for as many days as I can stand to wait.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s