Not wanting to waste anything I decided to do a compost project with the grape hyacinth flowers strained from the dye. Picked leaves and flowers from outside and placed them on a piece of fabric soaked in soda ash.
Then I sprinkled the grape hyacinth over it in clumps. Next I sprinkled a bit of tealeaves. I also added a rusty circle. ( had to bend it in half to roll up)
It was already turning a lovely shade of green. I dug a hole next to one of my rose bushes and covered with leaf litter and dirt. Now how long can I wait to dig it up. (Hopefully til fall)
Photographed so I would remember where I buried it -( in front of orange roses and paper whites)