Finally, I am fixing up the area at the back of the house were nothing seems to grow. I gathered up old pots, thinned some plants, found an old pump and picked up a few yard sale items.First I pulled all the virginia creeper. Next my DH helped move some old brick chimneys with the help of a dolly and his lawnmower.
First to the fountain. An old pump, I’d never gotten to work, a yard sale pot, scrap tile and a stump. After a lot of work I got it going. I used a ceramic pumpkin pot to hold the pump under water and ran the tubing through the eye and the lid to keep out debris. Pebbles, some old candle holders, and succulents finish it off.
Next I caulked three 24 inch tiles to lay over two of the chimneys for a nice wide bench. The third chimney was set up right and a ceramic bowl was set into the opening. Then succulents, moss and shells were added.