WIP -“What She Saw in the Garden”

This is my latest quilt challenge.  The challenge to use all of this fat quarter of brown rose fabric and the 5 inch patch of black, red.  The rest of the challenge is to choose one color from the fat quarter and use only that colo in a monochromatic scale.  You may also choose one background  fabric of any color.

  
I started with the idea of rose bushes in a garden in animal shapes.  This was put on a brown labyrinth.  The labyrinth looks good on its background, but was not quite right for the animals.  One UFO to work on at another time.

So my next idea was to make the animals as part of the rose.   Here is my start.

Advertisements

Twisted Nine Patch

My quilt guild recently worked on the twisted 9 patch design.

Here is a picture of the quilt used for our lesson.

(coming soon)

This is a picture of a few of my nine patches:   ‘Yes! that is an intense gold fabric in the middle.

Here is a picture of the 1st block cut and resewed.

My Granddaughter’s Quilt

I finally got harper’s quilted wall hanging finished and delivered.   Only problem was I forgot to photograph.  My husband photographed it when we dropped my grandson off last Tuesday night.
Here are a few pictures.

 
Pieced Background

 

Free-motion butterfly quilting

  

Harper’s Quilt

Hanging baskets for Harper’s room.

  

Hopes Wings part 1

The following hand blocks were made by Berea quilters.  The 8 inch hand stitched blocks were arranged into groupings for art quilts to be auctioned for support to the women’s shelter.  Pat Jennings held a free workshop to get us started.  Everyone brought scrap fabric to share and Pat brought lots, and lots of fabulous beads and embellishments.

 The pieces were put together to make a few quilts and wall hangings and were auctioned of to benefit Hopes Wings.  Hopes’ wings is a women”s shelter in Madison County.

              
This piece by Barbara Taylor
was mounted on a wooden frame.

Inside Every Woman

More to follow later.

Hopes Wings

Here are some snapshots of the charity blocks I made for my quilt group.  All our blocks were hand sewn.  The continuity in all the 8″ blocks  to be made was wings.  The blocks will be made into 5 quilts  and then be auctioned of to support Berea’s women’s shelter.