60 Day bird Challenge

So today I should have created bird 56 today, instead I made a wall hanging out of three thread painted birds.  First I added thread to the bluebird’s head to make it larger, then I redid the warbler’s eye to make it smaller.  I choose to put the birds in an attic block window.  Then I free motion quilted with sulky monofilament thread.  On the dark brown I used a darker brown thread and did pebbling.  It was really hard to see the stitches to tell where the stitches were already.  Finished all but the binding.  Then sketched a cardinal on fabric and picked out patterned fabrics for bird 56.

It is straighter than the picture, I was just aiming the camera by holding it up above the quilt.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s