Another snippet and thread painted work, this time a mockingbird.
Finally, I’m getting the remake of this quilt done. I was able to find the brown rose and the Hawaiian print fabric on Ebay. I was not ever able to find a fabric to replace the original background. Ended up making a 5 by 7 block stencil and using shiva paint sticks I stenciled the background. It’s not perfect, but I like it. I have redrafted the entire flower. The animals a more subtle but there are 33 animals hidden in this rose. The new side panels are ready and waiting to be appliquéd today. I also have to move the rose to by machine and appliqué all the individual pieces to the background. Here’s a sneak peak
Yesterday, I finished a new snippet quilt. This one was a cardinal in a pine tree. I had intended to do it in portrait in stead of landscape. (Before thread painting the cardinal)
I forgot until i went to frame it. So without knowing if i could fix it I dare to cut of both ends. I zigzagged a strip of canvas at the top and bottom and covered it all with more snippets, and added snow to the pines. Then i encased the entire picture in more tool and put on a new back and requilted.
Finally framed and ready to deliver. I was very pleased with the result and so was the person who commissioned it.