I finished cutting this one out Wednesday night. The background fabrics are cut and I just need to decide on batting. First I will appliqué with a satin stitch, then I will add batting behind the pod, and the regular batting and backing. Then I will free motion quilt around all the appliqué, quilt and embellish.
Here’s a picture of the second “2 Peas in a Pod” quilt.
Yesterday I received the second part of my third place prize two boxes of Aurifil thread. One is 40 wt and the other is 50 wt. Each has ten spools of bright colors. TEAH!!! Can’t wait to try them out. Aurifil is one of my most favorite threads except for Isocord. Too bad my PAFF is in the shop awaiting a new thread tensions piece.
I Finished adding hardware for hanging to my eight quiltography pieces Sunday and delivered them to Lexington on Monday.
Here are pictures of the last two pieces quilted. It’s hard to see ninth photo but every brick is quilted around separately.in piece 8. In the 4th piece the woman’s dress is quilted with gold thread and the water and sky have lots of stitching.
Today I finished correcting the appliqué I forgot to cut in reverse. I was able to get one quilt fused together for my 2 peas in a pod baby quilts. I will be spending the evening finishing the second one. Then tomorrow I will start satin stitching the edges and adding details.
I dropped off all eight of my quiltography pieces for our up coming show. Quilt Artists of Kentucky and the Lexington Photography club teamed up this year. Our inspiration picture will be hung, surrounded by the mounted quilt pieces. They will be exhibited at Christ Cathedral starting in November. The opening reception will be on November 18th.
I have quilt 4 and 8 almost finished. These are the last two for the QAK quiltography exhibit. They are all due next week. The Mountain Scene for piece four was photographed by Carol Rice Cain
Turned sideways I saw a woman. The quilting still has to be finished. I couldn’t find the right color in my stash for her dress so I colored a pastel pic of fabric with a combination of stained by sharper, Marvey Fabric Markers and tsukineko inks.
The last piece is Red Lamps by Helen MaClatchy
Here is a full shot and a close up of my piece. Still have to quilt the bricks.
I have finally set up my Etsy shop, Dolores Quilts At the present I have some of my realistic birds, whimsical birds and some impressionistic landscapes. I will be adding more soon.
Please check it out!m Be sure to like your favorites on Facebook or twitter.
Thanks for taking a look!
This next quilt is number seven in our photography challenge. The original bride picture is bySteve Bromley of the new port bridge.This is a close up of party of my bridge. Before I show the entire pictureI will show you my first attempt.
At first I liked my bridge idea ,, but the more I looked at the head, not so much. It was way too cartoony. Here is a picture of it. It was very difficult drawing all the lines with thread.
Started with a new background, and instead of drawing all the lines, I thread painted all the areas that were to be black. This was much easier and looked better too. The original triangles on the stomach were to be architectural like the photo. I decided to go a little more organic with curved thread work. I also beaded his eye and around the areas were he is surfacing.
Now for the big reveal!!!
He also has a slight sglitter dust on his chest that you can’t see in the photo.