Right now I am in the process of quilting two pieces.  The first is for the QAK (Quilt Artists of Kentucky) annual show.  The second is one I started many years ago.  The short version of that story is that I messed up the quilting and had to cut it all apart, made a new rose but could not find the background fabric. Finally after two years I made a stencil and  created the background with shiva paint sticks.  Because of all the layers and turned edges this rose was two thick to quilt through.  My computer crashed and I ended up redesigning it and added a lot more animals.  Finally found the right fabric for the back and am working on quilting.  Here is a picture of the finished top. Pardon the messy shot, my design wall is not big enough for the quilt.

IMG_8773Here is a close up of a few quilted animals.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s