After our 3 day participation at the Oktoberfest I took most of the week off from quilting. We had very good sales and a lot of interest in my pet portraits and glass art. My husband and I also got to me a lot of interesting people. Below are some pictures of my booth.
Anyway my week off has not been unproductive. I’ve done house cleaning, laundry, and pet cages. I reframed my work that is at Practically Perfect and re delivered it. I sorted most of my show stuff. Tomorrow I will sew velcro to my tent so I can hang a banner out side. Today I traded work with my sister. She finished wiring my old singer and I made a website and business cards for her.
I finished the second birch tree scene yesterday. Here is a picture before the thread painting, after, and framed. Both of these were made up scenes. I had lots of reference photos for ideas.
This is the finished version of the first birch trees. It has a confetti back ground and raw edge appliqué. The birch tree is made of small pieces of fabric glue basted and then thread painted. First Ill show the back which I kind of like and then the framed piece
I was really inspired by some birch tree painting at one of the galleries in Cleveland. The next day I photographed a bunch of birch trees including close ups of the bark. Wednesday I found two long Narrow frames at Salvation Army. I removed the pictures and measured for my next two quilts. Birch trees of course. The first one has autumn leaves in the foreground. The second one is going to have blue and teal background. These are of course confetti quilts … again. I am more than half way through with the thread painting and will post when finished and framed. Here is a picture of the first one without any of the thread painting. Bear in mind it is not cropped in either.
My latest thread painted quilts – dragonflies.
Yesterday found out my thread painting and quilted fiber art has been juried into Mainstrassuse Village Oktoberfest on September 8th through the 10th. My vintage and repurposed glass art was also hurried in.
So today and yesterday have been busy getting everything ready. New LED lights were at the top pf the list. My new banner has been cut and attached to my tent. Then of course I am in the process of creating more art. I have seven new garden flowers and one quilted scene finished and one mostly finished.
This thread painting is similar to one I did for my sone and daughter-in-law. My husband saw it when we visited their new house and suggested that i make another one. Here are some other the process pictures. I started with a confetti background and couched dazzle dazzle thread. Next I cut out the birds out of fabric pieces, and finally I working on the thread painting. So far I have the heads done.
This is my newest confetti piece. I really like how it turned out. It sold at the Augusta Riverfest Regatta.